An easy lunch or light supper, full of vegetable protein goodness (and batter; let’s not forget batter……)
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 3–4 large carrots, grated
- 300g hard feta, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 40g coriander, chopped
- 100g rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder (gluten free if desired)
- Sea/Himalayan salt and pepper, to taste
- rapeseed oil
- Mash the chickpeas in a large bowl, adding the carrots, coriander, and feta, mixing together. Beat the eggs and add to the chickpea mixture, then stir in the flour, baking powder and salt/pepper. Mix well to combine thoroughly.
- Taking a large frying pan, heat approx 1 cm of rapeseed oil on a medium heat.
- Add the mixture in spoonfuls, as big or small as desired, and fry until golden on each side, keeping the heat medium, and not overloading the pan with too many at a time.
- These can be served with any number of accompaniments as a quick supper or lunch, or as snacks. Mint yogurt, raita, salads like spinach and watercress, couscous or brown rice would all complement these to make a healthy meal.