Functional Food & Cookery Training for Chefs & Food Professionals.
Health is holistic, and so is food and its impact on our health. As experts in the field of food and cooking, we can produce all kinds of delicious dishes.
But what about the areas of food that we know only a little about?
Foundational aspects of a healthy body and a happy brain, like nutrition, are integral to holistic health, as many chefs and food industry professionals know.
Now the opportunity to be able to offer something truly game-changing is here!
Become a Functional Food Chef teaching how food supports mental and physical health, and incorporating nutritional information and specific benefits into your food and cookery!
I’ve lost count of the times a health professional of my acquaintance has told me that they have referred Mrs X or Mr Y to me to have their diet, nutrition and lifestyle assessed. These professionals know that what and how their clients are eating is damaging their health, and is affecting their ability to benefit fully from the treatment they are receiving.
My mission has always been to help people to optimise their health and their life via optimising their daily eating. So many miss out because of their perception of what I do as a nutritionist:
- they are afraid I’ll tell them they can’t eat their favourite foods;
- they just do not feel they have the time or money to do it on top of other treatments;
- they don’t understand how simple, yet crucial, it is!
My expanded mission is training chefs and food professionals how to effectively help people improve their diets through food, teach them what is really healthy, and show them how to incorporate changes, giving people the skills, recipes and knowledge to easily make changes for optimal health.
Food choices, nutrition, diet and specific foods and nutrients are integral factors in both physical and mental health, as evidenced by a growing body of research. It’s also common sense in its purest form – our bodies and brains, and all their balance and functions, are created and supported by what and how we eat.
With a lifetime of cooking, nearly 25 years of nutrition practice experience, 10 years of healthy cookery development, class teaching and experience, and specialist knowledge in mental health nutrition, weight management, food addictions, gut disorders, auto-immune conditions, cancer recovery, and more, as well as being a qualified, experienced teacher, I’m uniquely placed to be able to train YOU in functional food cookery.
I’m with you every step of the way, and supporting you throughout, so you will always have any advice or pointers that you need as you find your feet before and after certification.
The full training takes approximately six months as a minimum, dependent on progress and case study submission, and incorporates a mix of these elements:
- online learning delivery of core nutrition modules and cookery modules to complete at your convenience;
- group training sessions via Zoom with your fellow trainees to go over the online nutrition modules and cookery modules;
- 1-2-1 tutorials;
- developing and presenting case studies (such as class or recipe development) for practise and assessment;
- live cookery demos, practise demonstrations, and study, recorded for use as required,
- an assessment exam,
- mandatory practical assessment and certification sessions in the UK.
You’ll have access to training materials, resources, videos and recorded live sessions throughout via a student portal online.
Once certificated, you’ll have access to:
- a chef community,
- resources for recipe and class development,
- done-for-you eating plans, recipes and resources to use to create classes and recipe collections,
- done for you healthy cookery classes and accompanying resources,
- access to me for advice and queries,
- regular CPD and updating sessions,
- live Q&A/supervision sessions that will be recorded for reviewing as you need to.