Mushroom and Cheese Crustless Quiche
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- 150 g mushrooms of choice, sliced
- butter or rapeseed oil for frying
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 12 eggs, preferably free range and organic
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g of grated cheese of choice (sliced or cubed soft cheeses could also be used here. Cheeses like taleggio are born partners for mushrooms!)
- bacon or ham lardons
- 225 mls plain whole milk yogurt or creme fraiche
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- dash of ground nutmeg
- Melt the butter in a pan (pref ceramic) over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sprinkle 1/2 tsp salt over them. Add a dash of freshly ground pepper. Saute the mushrooms for 5-10 minutes, until they have released their moisture and cooked down a bit. Add the onion and garlic, and saute for a minute or so, until they are fragrant. Turn off heat and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, break the eggs into a large bowl. Add salt and a sprinkle of freshly ground pepper. Add the cheese, lardons, yogurt, thyme, and nutmeg. Stir to combine. Stir the pan veg into the egg mixture, and pour into a well greased baking tin or dish. Cook in a 180 degree oven for about 35 minutes, until the quiche is set in the centre and beautifully browned on top.
- Let cool a bit, then slice and serve! This pairs wonderfully with a green salad.