Spiced Sweet Potato Soup
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into half inch cubes
- 6 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- stock, preferably organic, to desired consistency – approx 300 mls
- 1 can coconut milk (this is optional, and could be replaced with more stock if you don’t like coconut milk)
- Heat the coconut oil in a soup pan, and cook the onion sweet potato and ginger over a medium high heat, stirring occasionally until the vegetables soften.
- Once the veg are softened, add the stock and turn the heat to high to bring to a boil. Skim off any foam. Partially cover the soup with a lid and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Using blender or soup whizzer attachment, puree the soup to the texture you prefer. Stir through the coconut milk.
- Top with herbs like coriander, basil or chives.