Chicken and Brown Rice Salad
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 500g cooked chicken
- 375g chicken, cooked and cut into cubes
- 500g broccoli florets
- 200g carrots, diced
- a can of chickpeas
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Asian pear (or pear of choice), chopped
- fresh parsley, chopped
- a handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 100g unsalted roasted almonds, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt freshly ground pepper
- Steam carrots and broccoli for a few minutes until they are slightly cooked but still have slight crunch. Drain and run cold water over the veg to stop them from cooking.
- In a large bowl mix together cooked brown rice, chicken, broccoli, carrots, chickpeas, green onion, parsley, and basil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Add to the brown rice salad and mix to coat the salad. Top salad with chopped almonds and stir slightly and serve.
- Salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days.