Flourless Choc Brownie Biscuits
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 150g chocolate (70% or more cocoa solids), chopped
- 2 large egg whites (free range, and pref organic) at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 150g very finely chopped toasted nuts of choice (eg. walnuts)
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper and preheat oven to 175C. Position oven racks in the upper and lower third of the oven.
- Melt chocolate over a pan of hot water and set aside. Add vanilla and stir through.
- Beat the eggs and cream of tartar (if using) until soft peaks form. Slowly add maple syrup and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the melted chocolate (slightly cooled) and chopped nuts onto the beaten egg whites. Gently fold until the colour is even and there are no more white streaks.
- Spoon by teaspoons onto the parchment paper 1-inch apart and bake 10-12 minutes or until the tops are cracked. They will be firm on the outside, but gooey in the centre. Allow to cool on wire racks.
- These are not very sweet, so adapt the maple syrup to taste or experiment with adding a couple of tablespoons of icing sugar during the folding in stage.