I asked you all about your health and well-being goals and you told me. And you’re an ambitious, energetic bunch when it comes to healthy eating!
And I was so excited to see how many of you had already taken huge steps towards improved nutrition and were experiencing the benefits already.
Since there were many common themes among the replies, I’ve pulled the goals together into this blog post, which includes top tips to get you on your way to enjoying improved health and well-being.
- Have More Energy
The secret here is in how and when you eat. Want some quick tips that make a huge impact? Of course you do:
- Eat breakfast (non-negotiable! Smoothies, if done properly, are amazing – check out my Supercharge handbook for more info; eggs can be quick and easy too, with the right recipes)
- Eat regularly throughout the day (make sure you have good snacks like little bags of almonds or mulberries in your bag at all times)
- Make sure every meal has decent amounts of protein and healthy fat as well as carbs (using guacamole instead of mayonnaise; prioritising eggs, healthier cheeses like feta, and good quality lean protein like chicken or salmon, for all meals and snacks, over bread, chocolate, pasta, etc; the list goes on!). Include chickpeas, beans and pulses daily if you can in hot or cold salad form, or mixed with rice in your main meal.
- Manage A Chronic Condition
Managing chronic disease is as much mental and emotional as it is physical. The interesting thing? The right diet has plenty to offer when it comes to healing or relieving symptoms, and of course, consulting a functional nutritionist is the best route to a definitive plan. The truth is, when you are in chronic pain or discomfort, you are vulnerable. Naturally, you want to feel better, and desperation is a horrible thing to feel. I know. I overcame Chronic Fatigue and cancer, so yes, I really do understand. What can you do for yourself? Don’t Google – there’s far too much conflicting information out there, plus an awful lot of people tacking nutrition advice on to other therapies or selling magic bullet supplements that can cause a world of other issues. Following the tips in this post is a great start to giving your body what it needs for healing, energy and proper function. Rest well, eat well, and treat your body as a holistic being with physical, mental and emotional needs.
- Develop Better Eating Habits
Prepare, prepare, prepare! Think about what you’re going to eat when you’re planning your week ahead; build a collection of recipes that can be batch-cooked and save time while nourishing you; learn to enjoy shopping, preparing and cooking; get the kids involved and make it a family creative life skills time; have a stash of healthy snacks (again, great recipes help, like my tahini hummus, honey roasted chickpeas, or edamame dip) to prevent blood sugar crashes that cause bad choices.
If you do nothing else for your health in 2016, make an effort to try at least one, but preferably all, of these health resolutions. Each one is ‘one small change’ and together can have a huge positive impact on your mood, energy and well being:
- Eat fresh and natural, reducing processed, refined or convenience foods.
- Eat regularly to maintain stable energy release.
- Make each meal or snack a combination of healthy carbs, protein and good fats.
- Reduce additives, chemicals, pesticides and anything man made.
- If it doesn’t exist in nature, or come directly from the earth/tree/bush/field/stem, don’t eat it!
Are You Ready To Feel Better Than Ever?
I know that with the right food, our bodies can function efficiently giving stable energy levels, vibrant health and a glowing sense of well-being, plus of course, increased resilience to disease and stress. I’ve created The Real Food Reboot programme to help women achieve this level of well-being with delicious ease.
Nutrition education + understanding the psychology of eating + an easy, enjoyable at-home exercise regime = a sustainable boost in your vitality and well-being.
Plus you’ll have access to my exclusive Facebook group and the option of upgrading to personal 1-1 support from me in Cyber or Premium Personal packages.
Grab your FREE Your Happy, Healthy Day resource, with framework, meal plan, recipes and shopping list here. It’s got everything but the kitchen sink to show you exactly how to use real food for real health in your very real life! It’s for everyone who subscribes or joins as a member, so check out the membership options on my Home page, or subscribe in the form at the bottom of the page.
For coaching packages or plans to help you reach your happy weight, healthily and permanently, drop me an email; I’d love to hear from you.