Chicken and Courgette Stew
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 chicken thighs, bones removed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, peeled, sliced
- 75ml/21/2fl oz white wine
- 1/2 courgette, chopped
- 200g/7oz tinned tomatoes
- 85g/3oz cooked cannellini beans (rinse and drain if using canned beans)
- 1 tbsp chopped flatleaf parsley, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C gas 6. Season the chicken thighs, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chicken thighs, turning frequently, for 4-5 minutes, or until pale golden-brown all over.
- Remove the chicken thighs from from the pan, add the onions and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Pour in the wine, bring to the boil, and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the volume of the liquid has reduced. Add the courgette and tomatoes and return the mixture to the boil, then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering. Stir in the beans and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Return the cooked chicken thighs to the pan, skin-side up and transfer to the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. (The chicken is cooked through when the juices run clear when pierced in the thickest part with a skewer.) To serve, spoon the chicken stew onto a serving plate and sprinkle with the chopped flatleaf parsley.