Honey Roasted Chickpeas
- 400g (14oz) tin chickpeas
- 25g butter
- 2 teaspoons of good quality (preferably local) honey
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Melt the butter and honey together in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time until the butter is melted and combined with the honey.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas really well and then dry them as much as possible with paper towel. Remove any chickpea skins that fall off in the process.
- Place the chickpeas in an ovenproof dish and pour the melted honey and butter over them. Stir carefully so that the honey mixture is well distributed, while ensuring you don’t squash the chickpeas.
- Place in the oven to 30 to 40 minutes, removing from the oven every 10 minute to mix the chickpeas around so each side has an even chance of browning.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool, then serve as a healthy snack.