- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 500g good quality sausage meat (as meat or from peeled sausages)
- 1 large sweet potato or 2 medium to small, diced
- 1 bag (500g approx) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 green onion, diced
- 10–12 large eggs sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9×13” glass baking dish with coconut oil, butter or rapeseed oil. Dice sweet potatoes, chop spinach, and dice up green onion.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add sausage meat to the pan and cook until browned and cooked through. Remove sausage from the pan, and drain the fat. Drizzle a little rapeseed oil into the pan and add sweet potatoes, cooking until tender and stirring occasionally, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove sweet potatoes and place in bowl. Add the spinach, green onion, sausage, and salt and pepper, mixing until well combined. Place the mixture into your prepared 9×13 glass dish, spreading evenly across the bottom of the dish.
- In another large bowl, whisk eggs, and pour egg mixture evenly over the sausage and veggie mixture in dish. Bake in preheated over for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Cut into squares and serve.
- The rest can be refrigerated for further breakfasts, snacks or light lunches. Great with salad, cous cous, or anything else you fancy!
- Add any other veg you fancy, like peppers, spring onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, etc.