If it’s a healthy alternative to crisps you’re after, this is it. Extremely easy, cheesy and moreish, it’s a great way to get greens into kids as well as into yourself. Kale is a real powerhouse of vitamins, minerals and fibre, and paired with only a couple of other ingredients it can be turned from love-or-hate greens into a perfect example of epic eats.Print
Cheesy Kale Crisps
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 200g of kale
- 2 tablespoons of grated cheddar cheese or parmesan, or other cheeses of choice that melt well and can be grated finely
- 1 tablespoon of organic rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika and cayenne pepper (mixed), optional
- pinch of salt
- Cut the kale into 3-4 inch pieces. Spread evenly onto a lightly oiled baking tray (you may have to make a couple of batches). Sprinkle the cheese and spices evenly on the kale.
- Drizzle the rapeseed oil over the kale and bake at 160C for 10 minutes or until the kale is crispy. Take care not to burn it or overcook it. Taste and season with a dash of salt if necessary. Experiment with other greens – sliced broccoli or cauliflower florets, for example. Experiment, adapt, and enjoy!